If you are a creative Sr. Design Engineer that thrives on working on a variety of products and creating new technically challenging designs, than this career opportunity may be for you!
• Take pride in creating technical solutions to new designs
• Grow in a business that produces cutting-edge products
• Enjoy an atmosphere of trust where you can do your best
• Be respected and recognized for your knowledge and contributions
This position is responsible for development of complex electrohydraulic, electromechanical, mechanical, hydromechanical and electropneurnatic components and systems that will become the new products of Moog, Inc.
In this key position, you will plan and conduct efforts requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard and nonstandard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
Duties can include a high level of design problem solving, consulting with customers, preforming analyses, selecting appropriate materials and communicating with internal teams to keep them current on the design status. You will also have frequent communications with the groups during the proposal and design phases of the projects and provide leadership and cooperation to ensure high producibility and cost effective parts that satisfy quality and performance.
• BS degree in engineering (MS degree preferred) with extensive experience in creating successful designs of electromechanical, mechanical, electrohydraulic and/or electropneurnatic, servornechanisms.
• 9+ years of experience with a proven record of accomplishments including successfully developing and producing designs and a demonstrated ability to participate in a product design team.
• Broad background in design analysis, including stress analysis, kinematics, strength of materials, fluid mechanics, and vibration is essential.
• Experience in cost optimization of existing products.
• Must be proficient in performance analysis and classical methods for structural analysis. Experience with Mathcad, Matlab, and/or finite element analysis is a plus.
• 3D design software experience required, preferably Unigraphics.
• Experience with closed loop systems, fluid power control, servornechanisms, and fracture mechanics is desirable.
• Must be open to traveling occasionally, both nationally and internationally.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members, customers, vendors, and suppliers at all levels.
Moog is a performance culture that empowers and inspires individuals to achieve remarkable things - for our customers, for the company and for each other. We work in an environment where people trust, respect and encourage one another. We believe in our people and it shows in everything we do.
You Can Do This!
For more details, visit: http://talentreef.com/moog/positions/design-engineers or to apply directly, visit: www.moog.jobs. Job # 11-5358.
*Due to U.S. Government and Military contracts candidates must be either a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.
We work on some of the world’s most exciting technical projects, creating products that challenge the limits of what’s possible, from cutting edge medical technology to space vehicles. Our formula includes one simple surprisingly low-tech element that makes us stand out from everyone else Trust. We trust each other to work hard and do the right thing. We enjoy what we do. And you can do it, too.
Moog designs and manufactures high-end motion control systems on a global scale. Bill Moog knew that the best way to run a business was trusting good people to do good work, and that's how our technology came to be used in everything from commercial aircraft to the roof at Wimbledon. The work we do matters, as does every single person who works with us.
Location = Torrance
Be part of a creative engineering team that tackles a variety of product and design challenges!
· Take pride in creating technical solutions
· Grow in a business that produces cutting-edge technology
· Enjoy an atmosphere of trust where you can do your best
· Be respected and recognized for your knowledge and contributions
If this sounds exciting to you and you have a BSME/BSAE and at least 6 years hands on design experience, please contact us for more information. If you know someone who may be interested in finding more about this opportunity, please share this link!